VRTeacher - Virtual Reality-based Training to improvE digitAl Competences of teacHERs
- Programme: Erasmus+
- Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- Project reference: 2020-1-CY01-KA226-SCH-082707
- Start date: 1/06/2021
- Duration: 24 months
VRTeacher is a European project, funded by the Erasmus+ programme, which aims to address the need for modernisation and digital transformation of education and teacher training and to strengthen the digital skills and preparation of educators through a Virtual Reality (VR) training method and tool.
The main outcomes of the VRTEACHER project are a VR-based competency framework for teacher education and a state-of-the-art Virtual Reality teacher education application that reflects real-life teacher education needs.
The innovation of the project lies in addressing the challenges related to classroom management in crisis situations, such as a pandemic, with the vision of equipping teachers with key skills through immersive and experiential training experiences that mirror real-life scenarios and situations faced during a crisis.
The results of the VRTeacher project
- Competente framework: based on Virtual Reality for teacher education. It consists of several competence areas and related descriptors, as well as a teacher competence assessment tool.
- Online platform: it connects to the Virtual Reality tool. Through this platform the target group will have access to the tool during and after the project..
- Impact assessment framework: it aims to develop a framework to assess, quantitatively and qualitatively, the impact through the use of the VR tool.
- Good practice guide: a summary of the methodology and guidelines to promote the use of innovative VR-based approaches in teacher training.
Partner organisations and countries
The VRTeacher project partnership consists of seven European partner countries.
Future in Perspective